The Web-Based Audio Training Experience
We have kept the best parts of the live training experience, and added some things that we could not do live. The course topics are broken down into smaller tracks allowing you to digest information over time. Pause. Repeat. Replay. You can’t do that in a live class.
Online training can be mediocre – our goal is to break that stigma.
SynAudCon has taken advantage of the latest technology, years of teaching experience and combined it with a very capable Learning Management System to create Web-Based training. One big advantage of web-based training over in-person training is refinement. In the classroom, we get one opportunity to explain a concept or principle. The web-based training is refined to create a polished presentation.
Are you a visual leaner?
Flash animations and demonstrations are used liberally throughout the videos. Understanding is often just a matter of seeing the right picture, and a moving picture is even better.
Chick on the tabs to learn more about SynAudCon web-based training.
What To Expect from the SynAudCon Web-Based Training Experience
- Each of SynAudCon web-based courses are produced by Pat Brown. Pat has the unique gift of being able to share his knowledge of complex technical topics in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Flash animations are used liberally throughout the videos. Understanding is often just a matter of seeing the right picture, and a moving picture is even better.
- The demos that have been presented in our in-person seminars have been captured live, and are incorporated into the web-based training.
- 45-day access to the web-based courses allows you to work at your own pace and repeat the lessons as often as you like.
- Each course has several lessons with a 10-15 question quiz upon completion of each lesson. The quiz is offered to ensure that the principles presented are understood and can be built upon in future lessons. A forum is provided to discuss the quiz answers.
- After completing the lessons and quizzes, a final exam is presented. The final exam is approximately 30-50 questions.
- With a passing final exam score, a certificate of completion will be given.
- Each course has been approved for Renewal Units, Learning Units and Continuing Education Credits.
- The web-based courses are part of a Learning Management System. The courses are part of a Learning Management System which allows for tracking. Education supervisors may check the employees progress, quizzes and final exam scores.
Web-based Training Courses
Watch this video to view SynAudCon’s approach to web-based training.
- If we cover it, it’s important. The number of possible audio topics approaches infinity, so we only address the important ones. Some topics may not seem relevant at first, but the relevance will eventually become apparent, we promise.
- Don’t be tempted to skip lessons! This is a building block approach, and the advanced topics assume that you have completed all previous lessons. Skipping lessons will produce knowledge gaps and won’t save you any time in the long run. We will build your audio vocabulary over time so that when new and advanced topics are added they will build upon what you already know.
- Do the lesson more than once. Hit “pause.” Think. Contemplate the animations. Use the rewind button liberally. One advantage of this approach is that you can repeat a lesson until you get it, and you can review at any time. The learning process is a circle, not a line and repetition is highly encouraged.
- On occasion a term must be used before it is fully presented. This is why it is important to work through the material more than once. What doesn’t fully make sense the first time through will the second or third time.
- Learn how to learn. Take it slow. Be consistent. Each lesson is short, but full of information. These are bite-sized, concentrated chunks that you can watch once or twice at the beginning of your day, and then contemplate throughout the day. The emphasis is on quality, not quantity and we endeavor to keep the lessons as concise as possible. You will appreciate that in the future if for you these become a refresher course.
- Establish your learning environment. Each lesson has a PDF file that can be printed, or viewed on a separate screen or computer. A dual-monitor setup can be useful, but it is not necessary. Printing the PDFs can make it easier to take notes.
- Elements of the SynAudCon Audio Click-Rule, a windows-based audio calculator, will be used in Audio Application, Transformer Distributive Loudspeaker Systems and Sound Reinforcement for Designers . Instructions are given in the relevant lessons. These small, interactive calculators make the variables come alive and show how they interact. You’ll get the right answer, but you will also get a feel for why it’s the right answer.
Web-based Training Courses
Tell me about the courses.
Each course has several lessons. Each lesson equals to 1 hour of in-person seminar lecture. After each lesson, you will have an option to take a quiz. Each quiz has about 10-15 questions. The questions required that you have a good understanding of the principles that are taught. After completing the lessons and quizzes, you will have an option to take a final exam. The final exam is approximately 30-50 questions. With a passing score, you will receive a certificate of completion and CEU’s.
We are constantly developing new material. We will roll out additional training as production progresses.
May I share the video content I purchase with others?
Purchased web-based training content is intended to be viewed by the person who purchased it and by that person ONLY. Web-based courses content CANNOT be shared. Sharing purchased SynAudCon web-based training is a violation of the terms and conditions of this site. All actions are logged, and this policy will be strictly enforced. We appreciate your cooperation in this as it allows us to actively develop new material and keep the price low for everyone.
Is there a time limit on watching the web-based training?
You will have 45 days to complete the course. The 45-day clock begins on the day that the course is activated.
Are your online courses approved for CEU’s (Continuing Education Units)?
All SynAudCon Web-Based Training is approved for CEU’s. You will be required to pass the final exam associated with the Course before a CEU certificate is issued.
Will I receive a certificate?
After passing the final exam, a certificate of completion will be emailed to you. The certificate will include the information that you will need for the Continuing Education Units.
How do I ask questions regarding the web-based training?
We have created a Support Forum for the training. You may post your questions there. We will make every effort to answer questions within 24-hours.
Web-based Training Courses